Parents volunteering in Extended Care Policy:
Extended Care is provided for the students attending St. Joseph School in grades TK through Eight. Our primary concern is to provide
a safe environment for the students after school until they are picked up by a parent or other authorized adult.
To that end volunteers must comply with the following requirements:
- You must be related to the student for which you are volunteering.
- Volunteers must report on time as assigned.
- If you cannot make your assigned time, advanced notice must be given to the director. If you must be absent, you need to reschedule your time or you will be billed for Extended Care hours for the week you missed.
- You may choose to work for volunteer hours or for Extended Care hours but not both at the same time.
- You must declare to the director whether you are working for volunteer hours or Extended Care hours.
- If you finish volunteer hours and desire to work for Extended Care hours, you must notify the director immediately so appropriate billing may be submitted at the end of the month.
- No cell phone use during volunteer hours.
- Volunteer time is not to help students with their homework.